The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Ankara intends to employ at the earliest possible date in Gaziantep
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Ankara
intends to employ at the earliest possible date
an Assistant (male or female)
to fill a post in GAZIANTEP
This full-time position is offered for a period of twelve (12) months with the possibility of an extension
Fields of Activity:
- Planning, preparation and implementation of official trips of the Embassy, the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other German Ministries to Gaziantep, i.e. preparation of programmes, contact with local official partners, accompanying the visitors, if necessary airport transfer and other shuttle services.
- Planning, preparation and implementation of high-level political visits toGaziantep, contacting and arranging appointments with local partners, preparation of programmes, other technical and protocol matters, accompanying the visitors.
- Oral and written translations, either German/Turkish and Turkish/German or English/Turkish and Turkish/English. Knowledge of the Arabic language would be highly welcome.
- Monitoring the security situation, by keeping close contact with security officials and local administration.
- Monitoring of local and regional political developments, by keeping close contact with security officials and Turkish governmental institutions.
- Contact with representatives of the International Community, participation in international coordination meetings, in case not covered by giz. Communication with NGOs and implementing organisations
Job profile (apart from the abovementioned language knowledge):
- University degree or comparable professional qualification. Higher Education or comparable work experience are a minimum requirement.
- Several years of work experience in the international field (e.g. with an NGO or IO) and/or in the security sector or other comparable tasks in local administration or government organisations.
- Well-developped networks with all relevant local interlocutors.
- Good knowledge of Turkish, English and/or German, both verbally and orally, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
- Experience in interpreting, primarily in German/Turkish or English/Turkish.
- Sound political knowledge as well as political and analytical mindset.
- Driving licence
The employment contract is according to Turkish Labour Law. The weekly working time is 41 hours.
Please send your job application in writing in German or English language incl. motivation letter, CV, proof of apprenticeship or studies, credentials and references quoting “Gaziantep 2017”
as of now until 30 April 2017
to the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
(Atatürk Bulvarı 114, Kavaklıdere, Ankara)
attn.. Mrs Pelin Gürün
(Mail attachments may not exceed 4 MB)
Applications which do not meet the requirements (personal statement and CV in German or English, very good knowledge of German and/or English) cannot be taken into consideration.